Header

Header

Sunday, March 2, 2014

USS Dace Service Patch Design

It appears Hugh also designed the patch for the Darter's sister submarine, the USS Dace....or at least the veterans patch for it. I have his sketches and concept artwork, and this is pretty awesome.

You can obviously see who I inherited my design skills from.




Here's the printed logo as it appears in WWII Sub Vets publications.

Now, below is also another cool logo Hugh has copies of. It was for his replacement boat, the USS Menhaden he served on after the war. This is a silk screened version of it from the 1950's.

I do not think that he designed the Menhaden logo, as it was already in use by the Navy. It appears on a dinner menu from a meal served aboard the submarine, so it is unlikely that he designed it. I don't have any concepts for this one, only the finished design. 

I think he just asked for a copy of it because he liked it.



No comments:

Post a Comment